What Are The Uses Of Erlotinib?
Erlotinib is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Lung and pancreatic cancer.
What Are The Side Effects Of Erlotinib?
The common side effects of erlotinib are:
- Dry skin
- Mouth sores
- Muscle/joint pain
- Unusual eye lash growth
- Eye dryness / redness / irritation
Some severe ( but less common) side effects are:
- Signs of kidney disease
- Signs of liver disease
- Signs of dehydration ( excess thirst, excess sweating, excess urination)
- Black stools
- Easy bleeding
- Vision changes
- Eye pain
- Vomiting looks like coffee grounds
- Redness / swelling around nails.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Erlotinib?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug erlotinib or any other allergies.
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Stomach / intestinal disease.