What Are The Uses Of Ertapenem?
Ertapenem is a carbapenem antibiotic used in the treatment of various infections like:
- Skin infection, lung infection
- Stomach infection,
- Pelvis infection, urinary tract infection (UTI)
It is also used to prevent infection after surgery.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ertapenem?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the intake of ertapenem are:
- Pain/swelling/itching/redness at injection site
- Nausea, vomiting
- A headache, diarrhoea
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ertapenem?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug ertapenem or any other allergies.
- Diarrhoea, seizures, liver disease