What Are The Uses Of Estradiol?
Estradiol/estradiol valerate is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Symptoms of menopause.
- Hypogonadism in case of women.
- Prostate cancer in case of men, breast cancer in women.
What Are The Side Effects Of Estradiol?
The common side effects of estradiol/estradiol valerate are:
- Bloating, vomiting, nausea
- Breast tenderness, weight changes
Some severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Breast lumps
- Mental / mood changes
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
- Oedema (swelling of hands/feet)
- Increased urination/thirst
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Estradiol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug estradiol/estradiol valerate or any other allergies.
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown cause, blood clots
- Heart disease, stroke
- Kidney disease, liver disease
- High blood pressure, high cholesterol