What Are The Uses Of Estriol?
It is a steroid hormone which is used to complete the deficiency of female sex hormone called as oestrogen.
It is used in hormone replacement therapyin post-menopausal women.
It is available in the form of oral tablets, vaginal tubes and vaginal suppositories.
What Are The Side Effects Of Estriol?
Some of the side-effects are:
- Increased vaginal discharge
- Leg cramps
- Abdominal pain
- Gall bladder disorders
- Abnormal urine discharge
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Severe headache
- Increase in blood pressure
- Breathing problems
- Allergic reactions such as itching, redness
What Are The Contraindications Of Estriol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Endometrial hyperplasia (Untreated thickening of the lining of the womb)
- Liver disease
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Blood disorders
- Blood clot in a vein of the leg