What Are The Uses Of Ethamsylate?
Ethamsylate is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Excessive bleeding during mensuration or surgery
- Excessive bleeding caused due to various other conditions like menorrhagia and hemorrhages.
It works by promoting platelet adhesion.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ethamsylate?
The common side effects of Ethamsylate are:
- Nausea, diarrhea, headache, vomiting
- Rash, fever
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Hormone imbalance
- Slow growth in children and teenagers
- Dark Urine
- Yellowing of eyes/ skin
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ethamsylate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Ethamsylate or any other allergies
- Coeliac disease