What Are The Uses Of Ethionamide?
Ethionamide is an antibiotic, used in the treatment of tuberculosis along with other drugs.
What Are The Side Effects Of Ethionamide?
Some common side effects of ethionamide are:
- Diarrhoea, strange metallic taste
- Vomiting, nausea, increased saliva
- Abdominal / stomach pain, loss of appetite
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Ethionamide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards ethionamide or any other allergies.
- Optic neuritis
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Liver disease, kidney disease