What Are The Uses Of Famotidine?
Famotidine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Stomach ulcers and intestinal ulcers and their reoccurrence.
- Stomach and throat problems like oesophagitis, gastro-oesophageal reflux, persistent cough.
- Heart burn
- Stomach pain
- Swallowing problems
What Are The Side Effects Of Famotidine?
The common side effects of famotidine are:
Some severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Mental/ mood changes
- Signs of throat infection
- Easy bleeding
- Irregular / fast / slow heart beat
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Famotidine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug famotidine or any other allergies.
- Kidney problems
- Lung problems (COPD)
- Immune system problems
- Stomach tumours