What Are The Uses Of Fish oil?
Fish oil is a rich source of omega–3–fatty acid and a widely used supplement. It is extracted from fish tissues. It is used to:
- Prevent heart disease, plaques formation in arteries, age-related macular degeneration of eye (AMD).
- Reduce blood pressure, triglycerides, abnormal heart rhythms that cause heart attacks, overweight and waist circumference, inflammation, liver fat.
- Improve symptoms of mental disorders like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD)
- Treat psoriasis, dermatitis, skin disorders, inflammatory bowel disorder(IBD)
- Improve bone health.
What Are The Side Effects Of Fish oil?
Fish oil is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose may cause side effects such as:
- Bleeding problems
- Reduced immunity
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Fish oil?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug fish oil or any other allergies.
- Diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Immunity problems/liver problems