What Are The Uses Of Flavoxate?
Flavoxate is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Bladder and urinary tract problems
Flavoxate, a smooth-muscle relaxant, works by relaxing the muscles in the bladder. It helps in reducing the leaking of urine, urge to urinate immediately, and bladder pain.
What Are The Side Effects Of Flavoxate?
The common side effects of flavoxate are:
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Stomach / intestinal blockage
- Chest pain, fast/pounding heart beat
- Painful urination
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Flavoxate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug flavoxate or any other allergies.
- Eye problems like glaucoma
- Kidney problems, heart problems
- Enlarged prostate, muscle disease
- Stomach / intestinal problems