What Are The Uses Of Fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
What Are The Side Effects Of Fluoxetine?
The most common side effects of Fluoxetine are:
- Trouble sleeping, nausea
- Anxiety, drowsiness
- Dizziness, sweating
- Tiredness, loss of appetite
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Mental/ mood changes
- Muscle weakness/spasms, tremors
- Unusual weight loss
- Changes in sexual ability, decreased interest in sex
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Fluoxetine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Fluoxetine or any other allergies.
- History of suicidal attempts
- Liver problems
- Bipolar/manic depressive disorders
- Low sodium levels in blood
- Diabetes, dehydration
- Stomach / intestinal ulcers