What Are The Uses Of Flupenthixol?
Flupenthixol is used for treating schizophrenia. It works by correcting certain chemical imbalances in the brain and thus affecting nerve pathways.
What Are The Side Effects Of Flupenthixol?
Some people taking Flupenthixol may experience:
- Muscle rigidity, hyperkinesia, hypokinesia, Parkinsonism
- Tremor, dry mouth
- Constipation, excessive salivation, excessive sweating
- Blurred vision, dizziness, restlessness, overactivity
- Nausea, somnolence, fatigue
- Insomnia, headache
- Nervousness, myalgia
- Sexual dysfunction, cessation of menstrual cycles, enlargement of breast tissue in males, infertility
- The expulsion of breast milk ( not related to breastfeeding)
- Reduced bone mineral density leading to osteoporosis
- Indigestion, flatulence, abdominal pain
- Nasal congestion, passing more urine than usual
What Are The Contraindications Of Flupenthixol?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any kind of a tumour, breast cancer, pituitary gland tumours
Irregular heartbeat, Long QT syndrome
- Coma, circulatory collapse
- Subcortical brain damage, dementia, Parkinson's disease
- Blood dyscrasia