What Are The Uses Of Follitropin alpha?
Follitropin alpha is a hormone identical to follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) often administered along with human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) for the treatment of infertility problems in women. It works by stimulating ovaries to produce eggs.
What Are The Side Effects Of Follitropin alpha?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the intake of follitropin alpha are:
- Mild stomach/abdominal pain
- Pain/redness/irritation/swelling at injection site
- Breast tenderness/pain
- A headache, bloating
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Follitropin alpha?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug follitropin alpha or any other allergies.
- Abnormal bleeding from vagina/uterus
- Cancer in reproductive organs
- Thyroid problems, adrenal gland problems
- Brain tumor, heart problems, lung problems