What Are The Uses Of Fulvestrant?
Fulvestrant, a selective estrogen receptor degrader (SERD) similar to estrogen, is used to treat following conditions:
- Hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer in post-menopausal woman.
- HER2 – negative advanced (or) metastatic breast cancer.
What Are The Side Effects Of Fulvestrant?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the intake of fulvestrant are:
- Pain/swelling/irritation/redness at injection site
- Weakness, nausea
- Elevated transaminases levels
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Fulvestrant?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the fulvestrant or any other allergies.
- Clotting disorder
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Liver disease, decreased platelets count (thrombocytopenia)