What Are The Uses Of Furazolidone?
Furazolidone is a synthetic nitrofuran antibacterial agent used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Diarrhoea and enteritis caused by bacteria and protozoan.
- Traveller’s diarrhea and cholera
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Bacteremic salmonellosis infections
What Are The Side Effects Of Furazolidone?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the intake of furazolidone are:
- Fever, low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Rash, hives
- Arthralgia (pain in joint)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Furazolidone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the furazolidone or any other allergies.
- Anaemia, glucose–6–phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency