What Are The Uses Of Galantamine?
Galantamine is an alkaloid isolated from bulbs of Caucasian snowdrop and daffodils. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Mild to moderate confusion (vascular dementia) related to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Memory impairment.
What Are The Side Effects Of Galantamine?
Galantamine is possibly safe, but in some cases like overdose may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Galantamine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the galantamine or any other allergies.
- Severe liver disease, kidney disease
- Sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia (slow heart rate)
- AV block, asthma
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder(COPD)
- Enlarged prostate, seizures, ulcers
- Bleeding in stomach and intestine
- Sleep apnea