What Are The Uses Of Gestodene?
Gestodene is used as a contraceptive which is neutral in terms of androgenic activity (does not exhibit androgenic side effects such as acne, hirsutism).
What Are The Side Effects Of Gestodene?
Gestodene is usually safe, but in some cases may cause side effects such as:
- Nausea, abdominal pain
- A headache, breast pain, breast tenderness
- Venous thromboembolism (blood clots in veins)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Gestodene?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug gestodene or any other allergies.
- Liver disease, diabetes
- Ulcerative colitis, cancer, angioedema
- Crohn’s disease
- High cholesterol levels, high blood pressure