What Are The Uses Of Glyceryl trinitrate?
Glyceryl trinitrate is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Angina (sudden pain in chest), heart failure and in heart surgery
- Pain in anal tissues (as renal ointment)
- High blood pressure during surgery
What Are The Side Effects Of Glyceryl trinitrate?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the intake of glyceryl trinitrate are:
- Diarrhoea, nausea, headaches
- Vomiting, low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Dizziness, anal discomfort, itching, soreness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Glyceryl trinitrate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the glyceryl trinitrate or any other allergies.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A migraine (or) other headache problems
- Blood flow problems in the brain, closed angle glaucoma
- Anaemia, heart blood flow problems
- Haemorrhoids, liver/ kidney disease