What Are The Uses Of Glycyrrhiza Glabra?
Glycyrrhiza glabra (also known as Liquorice) is beneficial for healing ulcers, boosts the immune system, relaxes stress, and controls respiratory problems, hepatitis, PMS (premenstrual syndrome), heart diseases. It:
- Treats symptoms of itchy and flaky skin (eczema), heartburn (dyspepsia).
- Reduces hot flashes, muscle cramps, pain in cancer patients and canker sore patients, bleeding, duration, severity and frequency of attacks of familial Mediterranean fever in children, high cholesterol, excess potassium levels in the blood, stomach pain and bloating in irritable bowel syndrome patients.
- Improves bowel movements in irritable bowel syndrome cases.
- Improves skin lightening, skin peeling in patients with psoriasis.
What Are The Side Effects Of Glycyrrhiza Glabra?
Side-effects of glycyrrhiza glabra:
- Missing menstrual cycle
- Sodium or water retention
- Decreased sexual interest and improper functioning in men
What Are The Contraindications Of Glycyrrhiza Glabra?
Glycyrrhiza glabra must not be consumed in the following cases:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Heart disease
- Hormone-sensitivity conditions
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Sexual problems in men