What Are The Uses Of Gymnema?
Native to Africa and India, Gymnema is a woody shrub that is a climber. The leaves of the Gymnema shrub is used to make medicines. Gymnema contains chemicals that:
- Help to reduce the sugar absorption from the intestine.
- Increases the amount of insulin.
- Increases the growth of pancreatic cells.
Gymnema is usually used for:
- Weight loss, diabetes
- As a diuretic (increases the production of urine)
- A cough, metabolic syndrome, malaria
- As a laxative (softening the stools)
- Boosting digestion
- Snake bites
What Are The Side Effects Of Gymnema?
What Are The Contraindications Of Gymnema?
It is a good idea to inform your doctor if you are planning to take Gymnema and are:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding
- Suffer from diabetes
- You are about to undergo a surgery