What Are The Uses Of Hydrocortisone?
Hydrocortisone is a corticosteroid which can be used as an oral as well as topical medicine in the treatment of following conditions:
- Dermatitis, anal itching, anal fissures
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Thyroiditis, adrenal cortical insufficiency
- High blood calcium
- Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary syndrome (COPD)
- Minor pain, swelling, itching, and discomfort by hemorrhoids
What Are The Side Effects Of Hydrocortisone?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the intake of hydrocortisone are:
- Mood changes
- Swelling, increased risk of infection
- Weakness, stomach upset, yeast infections, osteoporosis
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Hydrocortisone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity or any other allergies.
- Eye problems, diabetes
- Stomach /intestinal problems
- Infections (rectal sores / infections)
- Liver problems.