What Are The Uses Of Insulin glargine?
Insulin glargine is an analogue to insulin used to reduce nocturnal hypoglycaemia (type 2 diabetes) when the oral dosage of diabetes pills are ineffective.
What Are The Side Effects Of Insulin glargine?
The most common side effects of insulin glargine are:
- Pain/swelling/itching at injection site.
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar).
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Insulin glargine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug insulin glargine or any other allergies.
- A decrease in kidney function.
- Low blood potassium levels in the blood.