What Are The Uses Of Iodine?
Iodine is naturally available in sea water and earth crust. It is an essential mineral for the human body because it helps the body in producing hormones in the thyroid. Iodine helps in:
- Regulating metabolic rate, thus maintaining proper functioning of thyroid glands
- Absorption of food, transformation of food into good energy and maintaining sleep cycle
- Maintaining healthy nails, teeth, hair
- Preventing neuro cognitive conditions in new born babies or still birth
- Strengthening Immune System
- Fighting depression
- Preventing hypothyroidism
- Treating turgidity, fibrosis, and breast tenderness like conditions
- Preventing cancer
- Removing toxic chemicals
What Are The Side Effects Of Iodine?
Some of the common side effects of a regular overdose of iodine are:
What Are The Contraindications Of Iodine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: