What Are The Uses Of Irbesartan?
Irbesartan is indicated for the treatment of hypertension. It may also delay the progression of diabetic nephropathy. It is also indicated for the reduction of renal disease progression in patients with hypertension, type 2 diabetes and microalbuminuria or proteinuria.
What Are The Side Effects Of Irbesartan?
More common side effects are:
- Chills, cold sweats
- Confusion, dizziness
- Faintness or light-headedness when getting up from lying or sitting position
Less common side effects are:
- Bladder pain, bloody or cloudy urine
- Chest pain
- Difficult or painful urination, burning sensation while urinating, frequent urge to urinate
- Fast, irregular or pounding heartbeat or pulse
- Lower back or side pain
What Are The Contraindications Of Irbesartan?
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Serious Muscle Damage that may result in Kidney Failure
- Giant Hives
- Abnormally Low Blood Pressure
- Decreased Blood Volume
- Muscle Pain, Tenderness with Increased Creatine Kinase
- High Level of Potassium in Blood