What Are The Uses Of Irinotecan?
Irinotecan used in the treatment of metastatic colon (or) rectal cancer.
What Are The Side Effects Of Irinotecan?
The most common side effects of irinotecan are:
- Redness/pain/swelling at injection site
- Diarrhoea, weakness, nausea
- Vomiting, low white blood cell count, low red blood cell count (anaemia)
- Poor appetite, temporary hair loss
- Fever, weight loss
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Irinotecan?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug irinotecan or any other allergies.
- Any heart/ kidney or liver disease