What Are The Uses Of Iron?
Iron is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- General iron deficiency
- Anaemia caused due to chronic diseases
- Iron deficiency during pregnancy
- Learning and thinking problems especially in children
- Symptoms of heart failure
- A cough caused due to ACE inhibitors
- Immunity building
What Are The Side Effects Of Iron?
Intake of iron is safe when taken within prescribed limits
An overdose of iron may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Iron?
High doses intake of may be particularly risky in the following conditions:
- Stomach (or) intestinal ulcers
- Women with type-2 diabetes
- Ulcerative colitis (or) Crohn's disease(intestinal inflammation)
- Premature infants