What Are The Uses Of Katuka?
Katuka (also known as Picrorhiza kurroa) is a medicinal herb native of Himalayas. Its root has medicinal properties. It is widely used in Chinese medicine as well as in Ayurveda. It:
- Treats menorrhagia (abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding), nasal bleeding, anorexia (eating disorder), chronic fever, urinary tract disorders, asthma, dyspnoea (sudden and severe shortness of breath), cough, cold, skin disorders, hiccups, vomiting, vitiligo (loss of skin colour in blotches), hepatitis, jaundice, rheumatoid arthritis (chronic inflammatory disorder of joints).
- Acts as a cooling agent, liver stimulant.
- Relieves intestinal worms infestation.
- Reduces overweight, alcohol toxicity.
- Improves heart health, metabolism, and digestion.
What Are The Side Effects Of Katuka?
Katuka is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Katuka?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: