What Are The Uses Of Khus grass?
Khus grass, also known as ushira is a well-known Ayurvedic herb and its roots, leaves as well oil is used for various health conditions. It:
- Provides relief from the heat in the summers.
- Helps in reducing the pain and swelling when applied topically as a paste on the painful body part.
- Removes pimples and improve complexion, Gives shiny and glowing skin. It is beneficial for skin disorders and also works as a deodorant.
- Khus grass powder taken with milk helps in removing the bad odour in the body caused due to extreme sweating.
- Improves the body physique and builds muscles when taken with almond.
- Relieves hyperacidity, hyper perspiration and burning sensation in the body.
- Strengthens nerves and brain.
- Helps in removing gastric problems, digestive disorders, stomach problem, and also provides strength to the stomach.
- Is helpful in burning, thirst, and temperature caused due to fever.
- Helps in purifying the blood, and plays a cardioprotective role.
- Helps in treating cough, asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- Helps in controlling heavy menstrual bleeding
What Are The Side Effects Of Khus grass?
Khus grass has 4-9% self-generated natural alcohol in it. Hence, overdose can cause dizziness.
What Are The Contraindications Of Khus grass?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Drug addiction
One should not take khus grass for more than 2 months at a stretch.