What Are The Uses Of L-isoleucine?
L-isoleucine is a branched chain essential amino acid, used as a supplement. It:
- Improves protein synthesis, healing and growth of muscles, muscle strength, brain function, liver function, concentration
- Acts as a precursor for glutamine and alanine.
- Prevents fatigue, muscle wasting
- Treats anorexia (eating disorder), tardive dyskinesia (movement disorder)
- Reduces muscle breakdown, mania.
What Are The Side Effects Of L-isoleucine?
L-isoleucine is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose may cause side effects such as:
- Excess urination, depression, liver disease
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of L-isoleucine?