What Are The Uses Of L-leucine?
L-leucine is an essential amino acid, also called as branched-chain amino acid (BCAA). It:
- Maintains muscle mass
- Reduces obesity, muscle wasting, and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- Supplies body with good cholesterol
- Improves muscle recovery, liver cirrhosis.
- Increase the rate of protein production, strength, longevity
- Helps in treatment of kidney failure.
What Are The Side Effects Of L-leucine?
Some common side effects that may occur due to an overdose of L-leucine are:
- Decrease in serotonin levels
- Brain damage, liver damage
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of L-leucine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the L-leucine or any other allergies.
- Hypoglycaemia (low levels of sugar in blood)