What Are The Uses Of L-methionine?
L-methionine is an essential amino acid needed for body functions and is used as a supplement. It:
- Treats acetaminophen poisoning, cobalamin deficiency, allergies, asthma, schizophrenia.
- Reduce risk of colon cancer, neural tube birth defects, depression, and alcoholism.
- Improves symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, liver function.
What Are The Side Effects Of L-methionine?
L–methionine is usually safe but in overdoses may cause side effects such as:
- Increase blood levels of homocysteine.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of L-methionine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Methylene tetra hydro folate reductase deficiency
- Liver diseases