What Are The Uses Of L-phenylalanine?
L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, which is a branched-chain amino acid (BCAA), known as a building block of protein. It is used as a supplement. It:
- Treats vitiligo (skin disorder), depression, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and phenylalanine deficiency.
- Helps in alcohol withdrawal
- Increases dopamine levels in the body.
- Improves symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
What Are The Side Effects Of L-phenylalanine?
Some common side effects that may occur due to an overdose of L-phenylalanine are:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of L-phenylalanine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the L-phenylalanine or any other allergies.
- Phenyl ketonuria (PKU)
- Schizophrenia (abnormality in social behavior)