What Are The Uses Of L-selenomethionine?
L-selenomethionine is an amino acid that contains selenium which is biologically active in humans and many other life forms. It is used as a dietary supplement as it:
- Improves thyroid function, heart health, gastrointestinal function, liver health
- Boosts immunity
- Regulates cholesterol levels in blood
- Treats selenium deficiency, chronic fatigue syndrome, avian flu, swine flu, allergic rhinitis, infertility, abnormal pap smears, mood disorders
- Acts as antioxidant
- Prevents cancer
What Are The Side Effects Of L-selenomethionine?
L-selenomethionine is possibly safe, but in some cases such as an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Abdominal pain, nail changes, fatigue
- Nausea, weight loss
- Irritability, alopecia
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of L-selenomethionine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards L-selenomethionine or any other allergies.
- Schizophrenia (abnormality in social behavior)
- Blood clotting disorder
- While using contraceptives