What Are The Uses Of L-Tryptophan?
L-Tryptophan, an alpha amino acid (also called aromatic amino acid), is used as a supplement. It:
- Helps in biosynthesis of proteins
- Treats depression, insomnia (sleeplessness), anxiety, mania, symptoms of dementia.
- Reduces appetite.
- Improves symptoms of premenstrual dysphoria symptoms (PMS).
What Are The Side Effects Of L-Tryptophan?
Some common side effects that may occur due to an overdose of tryptophan are:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of L-Tryptophan?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the tryptophan or any other allergies.
- Liver disease, kidney disease
- Social anxiety disorder