What Are The Uses Of Lapatinib ditosylate?
Lapatinib ditosylate is an anti-cancer medication that blocks the action of the abnormal protein that signals multiplication of cancer cells. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
What Are The Side Effects Of Lapatinib ditosylate?
Some common side effects that may be caused after taking lapatinib ditosylate are:
- Rash, joint pain, headache, nausea
- Back pain, pain in extremity
- Breathing difficulty, vomiting
- Insomnia, loss of appetite
- Temporary loss of hair, diarrhea
- Hot flashes, abdominal pain
- Nosebleed, dyspepsia
- A cough, stomatitis (inflammation of mouth), constipation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Lapatinib ditosylate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug lapatinib ditosylate or any other allergies.
- Liver impairment, diarrhea
- Hypokalemia (low potassium levels in blood)
- Hypomagnesaemia (low magnesium levels in blood)
- Congenital long QT syndrome