What Are The Uses Of Lemongrass oil?
Lemongrass oil is extracted from leaves and stalk of a tropical grassy plant. It is used in herbal medicines and cooking as it:
- Treats bacterial infection, blood infections, pneumonia, serious intestinal infections, athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, gingivitis, nausea.
- Reduce free radicals in body, diarrhea, high cholesterol, blood sugar
- Prevents gastric ulcers
- Relieves pain, anxiety, stress, headache, migraines
What Are The Side Effects Of Lemongrass oil?
Lemongrass oil is possibly safe, but in some cases like overdose may cause side effects such as:
- Increased appetite
- Drowsiness, increased urination
- Dizziness, skin irritation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Lemongrass oil?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the lemongrass oil or any other allergies.
- Asthma, cancer
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Low blood sugar