What Are The Uses Of Lepidium meyenii?
Lepidium meyenii is commonly known as maca. It is given importance due to its nutritional value like vitamins and minerals. It is also used as medicine as it:
- Treats anemia, leukemia (blood cancer), chronic fatigue syndrome (profound fatigue, sleep abnormalities, pain), female hormone imbalance, menstrual problems, symptoms of menopause, osteoporosis.
- Improves sexual dysfunction in women taking anti-depressants, semen and sperm count, depression and anxiety in postmenopausal women, sexual desire in healthy men, energy, and athletic performance, memory.
- Boosts immune system
What Are The Side Effects Of Lepidium meyenii?
What Are The Contraindications Of Lepidium meyenii?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Lepidium meyenii or any other allergies.
- Ovarian cancer, uterine cancer
- Endometriosis ( tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus)
- Uterine fibroids (non-cancerous growths in the uterus)