What Are The Uses Of Leuprorelin?
Leuprorelin (also known as leuprolide), a manufactured hormone, is used for treating symptoms of certain types of cancers like:
It works by reducing the amount of testosterone produced by the body.
What Are The Side Effects Of Leuprorelin?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Hot flashes
- Rashes/ itching at the site of injection
- Upset stomach
- Nauseas, vomiting
- Excess sweats, night sweats
- Reduced sexual desire
- Itching, discomfort in vaginal area, vaginal bleeding
- Increased urination at night
- Joint, muscle pain
What Are The Contraindications Of Leuprorelin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Any bone disease (Leuprorelin increased the risk of bone loss)
- Any heart disease