What Are The Uses Of Lignocaine?
Lignocaine (also known as Lidocaine) is used to:
- Numb the tissue in an area (used as local anaesthesia)
- Treat ventricular tachycardia (regular, fast heart rate)
- To perform nerve blocks
- To decrease bleeding
What Are The Side Effects Of Lignocaine?
Common side effects of Lignocaine are:
- Sleepiness, confusion
- Muscle twitching
- Changes in vision
- Numbness, tingling
- Low blood pressure
What Are The Contraindications Of Lignocaine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Heart block, severe sinoatrial block
- Hypersensitivity to corn/ corn products
- Elderly patients
- Accelerated idioventricular rhythm
- Pseudo cholinesterase deficiency
- Impaired liver function