What Are The Uses Of Lindane?
Lindane, a gamma–hexa chloro-cyclo hexane, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To treat scabies only after primary line of treatment is failed (permethein, crotamition)
- To kill lice in hair
What Are The Side Effects Of Lindane?
The common side effects of Lindane are:
- Redness of skin.
- Stinging, burning of the skin.
Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Drowsiness, dizziness.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Lindane?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug lindane or any other allergies.
- Psoriasis (or) dermatitis.
- Previous (or) recent serious head injury.
- Liver diseases.
- A brain tumour.
- Alcohol abuse.