What Are The Uses Of Liquid paraffin?
Liquid paraffin is also known as paraffinum liquidium. It is a highly refined mineral oil widely used in the preparation of medicines and different cosmetic products as it:
- Acts as smoothening, lightening and hydrating agent.
- Eases diaper rash, skin irritation, and eczema.
- Acts as lubricant hence used in eye drops.
- Acts as an occasional laxative by softening and lubricating stools.
- Reduces pain in case of piles, hemorrhoids, and anal fissure.
What Are The Side Effects Of Liquid paraffin?
Some common side effects that may occur due to the administration of liquid paraffin are:
- Itching, rash, redness
- Temporary blurred vision (in case of ophthalmic use)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Liquid paraffin?
Children under 3 years of age should not use it.