What Are The Uses Of Lithium carbonate?
Lithium carbonate is an inorganic compound used in the treatment of bipolar disorder and mania associated with the same.
What Are The Side Effects Of Lithium carbonate?
Some common side effects that may after taking lithium carbonate are:
- Dizziness, tiredness
- Increased frequency of urination
- Drowsiness, increased thirst, tremor (shaking)
- Weight gain
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Lithium carbonate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug lithium carbonate or any other allergies.
- Kidney disease, seizures
- Heart disease, urinary problems (difficulty in urination)
- Dehydration, hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Parkinson’s disease, any current infections
- Leukaemia, psoriasis