What Are The Uses Of Lorazepam?
Lorazepam is used for treatment of anxiety. It produces calming effect by working on brain and nerves. Apart from anxiety, it is also used for:
- Trouble in sleeping, acute coronary syndrome caused by cocaine use
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting,
- Sedation during surgery
What Are The Side Effects Of Lorazepam?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- low blood pressure
- A decreased effort to breathe
- Uncontrolled body movements
- Increased thoughts of suicide
What Are The Contraindications Of Lorazepam?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Severe respiratory failure
- Acute narrow-angle glaucoma
- Sleep apnea
- Pregnancy and breast feeding
- Muscle weakness
- Alcohol dependence