What Are The Uses Of Lymecycline?
Lymecycline is a tetracycline broad-spectrum antibiotic. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Bacterial infections in different parts of the body like ear, nose, lungs etc.
- Sexually transmitted diseases caused by Chlamydia
- Rickettsiae infection transmitted by lice, mites, and ticks
- Soft tissue infections.
- Acne, pimples
What Are The Side Effects Of Lymecycline?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking lymecycline are:
- Diarrhoea, vomiting, rashes, nausea
- Red blotchy spots on skin, tooth discoloration
- Photosensitivity (sensitivity of skin to sunlight)
- Sore or painful tongue or mouth
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Lymecycline?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug lymecycline or any other allergies.
- Kidney problems, acute porphyria (blood disorder)
- Liver problems, systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease)
- Myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness disorder)