What Are The Uses Of Mandelic acid?
Mandelic acid is an aromatic alpha hydroxy acid derived from bitter almonds. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
It is also used in skin care as it prevents aging by reducing wrinkles, pore size and removing dead skin, fine lines on the skin. It strengthens collagen of the skin and also smoothens skin.
What Are The Side Effects Of Mandelic acid?
Mandelic acid is possibly safe, but in some cases may cause side effects such as:
- Dry skin, burning sensation
- Stinging, redness, itching
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Mandelic acid?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug mandelic acid or any other allergies.
- Prolonged exposure to UV rays
- Open sores, facial abscess
- Herpes viral infection, abrasions