What Are The Uses Of Menadione sodium bisulfite?
Menadione sodium bisulfite is a synthetic form of vitamin K is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Prothrombin deficiencies (a bleeding disorder slowing the blood clotting process)
- Vitamin K deficiency
- Severe blood disorders
What Are The Side Effects Of Menadione sodium bisulfite?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of menadione sodium bisulfite are:
- Injection site reactions such as redness/ swelling/pain
- Chest pain, chest tightness
- Blue discoloration of skin, warmth sensation on the face, ears, neck, and trunk
- Increased sweating, facial flushing
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Menadione sodium bisulfite?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug menadione sodium bisulfite or any other allergies.
- Blood clotting disorders
- Liver problems, Vitamin E deficiency
- Premature infants