What Are The Uses Of Methotrexate?
Methotrexate is used for:
- Treating certain types cancers like breast cancer, lung cancer, lymphoma, leukaemia, oestesarcoma
- Managing autoimmune diseases like Crohen’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis
- Medical termination of pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
What Are The Side Effects Of Methotrexate?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Vomiting, nausea
- Low count of white blood cells
- Feeling tired
- Increased risk of infection
- Skin breakdown in inner mouth
What Are The Contraindications Of Methotrexate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bone marrow/ blood cell disorder
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Intestinal/ stomach ulcers