What Are The Uses Of Metoprolol?
Common uses of Metoprolol are:
- High blood pressure
- Abnormally fast heart rate
- Chest pain due to poor blood flow to the heart
- Prevent further heart problems after myocardial infarction
- Prevent migraines related headaches
What Are The Side Effects Of Metoprolol?
Some of the common side-effects of Metoprolol are:
- Slow heartbeat may occur
What Are The Contraindications Of Metoprolol?
Before starting Metoprolol, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Certain types of heart rhythm problems like second or third-degree atrioventricular block, slow heartbeat
- Breathing problems like chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema
- Liver disease
- Serious allergic reactions
- Blood circulation problems
- Mental/mood disorders
- A certain muscle disease
- Diabetes (Metoprolol may prevent the fast/pounding heartbeat usually felt when blood sugar level falls too low (hypoglycaemia).