What Are The Uses Of Mixed carotene?
Mixed carotene is a natural oil complex derived from palm fruit. Mixed carotene consists of alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, gamma-carotene, lycopene and a small amount of carotenoids. It is widely used as a dietary supplement as it:
- Promotes heart health, eye health.
- Satisfies women’s daily nutritional needs.
- Source for multivitamins, specially vitamin-A
- Acts as antioxidant
- Nourishes skin
- Treats age-related macular degeneration (vision loss problems), cataracts and vitamin A deficiency
- Prevents cancer
What Are The Side Effects Of Mixed carotene?
Mixed carotene is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Mixed carotene?