What Are The Uses Of Modafinil?
Modafinil is a wakefulness-promoting drug used in the treatment of excessive sleep caused by narcolepsy (chronic sleep disorder), shift work sleep disorder, Idiopathic hypersomnia, excessive daytime sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea (breathing stops and starts during the sleep).
What Are The Side Effects Of Modafinil?
Some common side effects that may after taking modafinil are:
- Dizziness, headache
- Nervousness, nausea, difficulty in sleeping
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Modafinil?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug modafinil or any other allergies.
- Chest pain, irregular heartbeat
- Mitral valve problems, enlarged heart
- Liver problems, high blood pressure, psychosis, mania, alcohol abuse