What Are The Uses Of Mycophenolic acid?
Mycophenolic acid/mycophenolate mofetil is an immunity suppressant uses for preventing rejection of transplanted organ (kidney, liver, heart etc). it is also used for treating retroperitoneal fibrosis.
What Are The Side Effects Of Mycophenolic acid?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking mycophenolic acid/mycophenolate mofetil are:
- Headache, constipation
- Stomach upset, diarrhoea, nausea
- Tremor (shaking), gas, vomiting, trouble sleeping
- Anaemia, leukopenia
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Mycophenolic acid?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug mycophenolic acid/mycophenolate mofetil or any other allergies.
- Liver disease like hepatitis
- Cancer, any current infections
- Kidney disease, stomach/intestinal problems like ulcers
- Rare genetic disorders